In this Privacy Statement, references to "we" or "us" means MIXX Limited trading as MIXX Audio, MIXX Charge, MIXX In-Car and Bayan Audio, UK based Company (Reg No 06429752).
We collect and use certain personal information about you and we are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of that information. The purpose of this statement is to explain what personal information we collect, how we may use it, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information, and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy. Any information that we collect from you will be dealt with in accordance with the Data Protection legislation in the UK.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
It is important to us to provide you with the most appropriate level of service and the most up to date information regarding our products and services. We would therefore like to:
- keep you informed about our products or services and promotional or special offers that we think may be of interest to you; and
- send you our promotional information from time to time by email or in paper form. You will have the option to unsubscribe to any future email or paper form communications of this nature. Please use our contact form and enter 'Unsubscribe' within the message section or click the ‘Unsubscribe’ button in any marketing email sent to you. We will remove your details from our database.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons. We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and in the event the UK is no longer part of the EEA, the UK. We may, however, disclose or share your information:
- where required by law or to any regulatory body or where we believe this to be appropriate in relation to any criminal or fraud related investigation; with other companies or organisations linked to us for the purposes of processing any order placed with us by you
- where you enter a competition we run, and you win, we may (in accordance with advertising standards) be required to provide your surname and the county you live in to third parties who request this information including Advertising Standards Authority. If you have opted out of this we will not provide your information to third parties, but in the event the promotion or competition is challenged, we may still be required to provide such information to the Advertising Standard Agency.
1.1 Information you provide to us
- Order information – products you purchase from us
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms or email
- Your communications with us (including on our websites, at special events, over the phone, on third party social media sites, and by mail or email or via participation in contests)
- Any reviews that you submit about the services and products
- Employment applications
- Account and product registration
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
- Newsletter subscription
1.2 Information about you
The type of data we collect directly from you includes.
- Name, address, telephone number and email address (and company name, address, contact information, and other company details)
- Log-in credentials (name and email address), if you create an account with us.
- Billing information, such us shipping address. (NOTE: no payment information is collected or stored by us)
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us.
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interaction with us.
- Competition entries and reviews.
- Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Technical data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
1.3 Information about others
If you request that your purchase be shipped to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfil the shipment.
1.4 Information from social media and other content platforms
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social media sites, we will not collect any personal information such as your name, email address and any comments or content you post.
1.5 How we use your information
- Enable you to complete a purchase or provide the services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting.
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with effective customer service.
- Provide you with updates and information about products you have purchased from us.
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding our brands, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you, other than where you have told us you withdraw your consent to receive such information.
- For use in connection with any competition you enter that we run, including where you win a competition we run, enabling us to provide you with the prize.
- Customise the advertising and content you see.
- Customise the content we provide through our services.
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve our services.
- Synthesise and derive insights from your use of different services.
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our services.
- Provide, manage, and improve our services and their performance, and test and create new products, features, and services.
- Secure our websites, products, software and applications.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by using the opt out contained within messages we send you or, if you prefer, by contacting us using our online contact form.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
1.6 Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
1.7 Data Retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may use third-party analytics services (such us Google Analytics) on our services to collect and analyse usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
2.2 Seeing adverts for MIXX Audio, MIXX Charge, MIXX In-Car and Bayan Audio online
We also engage in online advertising to help you see and find our products. We target MIXX Audio, MIXX Charge, MIXX In-Car and Bayan Audio banners and adverts to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and advert exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like cookies and pixels.
The banners and adverts you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of MIXX Audio, MIXX Charge, MIXX In-Car and Bayan Audio (for example, the content you see on MIXX Audio), or on MIXX Audio, MIXX Charge, MIXX In-Car and Bayan Audio banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
For optimisation purposes, we may place cookies on your device that will record your visit to our website. All transactions and forms won’t be recorded. We will have access to information like IP address, type and version of your browser, type and version of operating system and approximate location.
We don’t send unsolicited email (spam). We may use email to communicate with our clients who have accepted our Terms and Conditions to send them information about our products. If you are a visitor, you can also register (if you wish) to receive our newsletter. You may request to be removed from our newsletter subscriber list at any point by contacting us via our online contact form.
We may use email to communicate with you, to respond to your emails, to confirm orders placed online, and to send information that you have requested. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can reply to the email to ask not to receive future emails. You will find an email address on every email sent to you to contact us.
We provide an unsubscribe function in our email campaigns in order for subscribers to opt out of further email communications from us.
3. UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
You can check, update or remove your personal details by requesting your data to be removed by completing the online contact form.
4. THIRD PARTY SITES
5. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
MIXX Limited trading as MIXX Audio, MIXX Charge, MIXX In-Car and Bayan Audio, is committed to protecting the privacy of children. MIXX Limited does not target its websites to anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy to not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information relating to any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not supply any personally identifiable information through the site. If you are under the age of 18 and have already provided personally identifiable information through the site, please contact (or have your parent or guardian contact) us immediately using the contact form so that we can remove such information from our files.
6. CONFLICT RESOLUTIONS
We are committed to responding to all contacts within the timeframe appropriate to out obligations under UK data protection law. We would aim to respond within 2 working days but this does depend on the type of contact. If problems arise, customers may contact us by completing the contact form or by any other appropriate method. Please note that any technical questions will be forwarded onto the Technical Support Team and held within a queue until the next support person is available.
7. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- To ascertain what personal information of yours is held or processed by us, where and for what purpose.
- To request correction of the personal information relating to you that is held or processed by us.
- The right to be forgotten – you may request Erase your personal information.
- To ask us to cease further dissemination of the information, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the information.
- To withdraw consent to us holding your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact us form.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time using the contact us form.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by using the contact us form.
This policy was last updated in November 2019.